Welcome to TROHPIQ
TROHPIQ is a student-run rural health club dedicated to promoting and encouraging the provision of health care in rural communities.
TROHPIQ encompasses a wide range of students and health professionals from a variety of disciplines, including medicine, nursing and allied health. Our members are made up of students from the following universities:
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- University of Sunshine Coast (USC)
- Central Queensland University (CQU)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
Rural Ready Series
The University of Queensland Rural Clinical School invites medical students to the first of a number of events in the Rural Ready Series for 2019, “Learning and Living in Rural”. Hear from a panel of regional and rural doctors, current UQRCS students and representatives from the Queensland Rural Generalist Pathway and TROHPIQ. All will share opportunities and their career experiences and the reasons why they ‘went rural’. Regional hospitals and teaching practices see a broad case mix, providing students with a rich clinical exposure. Add the low student to teacher ratio, purpose-built facilities and fully furnished accommodation – UQRCS has a lot to offer. Light food and drinks provided.
Join us Wednesday 27 February, 6.15-8.15pm at E.S Meyers Lecture Theatre, Mayne Medical Building (881), Herston. Register online by Friday 22 February.
Come visit us at our market days! Here’s a quick run down of where we will be:
Wednesday 20th February
- University of Queensland St Lucia
- Queensland University of Technology Kelvin Grove
Thursday 21st February
- Queensland University of Technology Gardens Point
Monday 25th February
- University of Southern Queensland Ipswich
Wednesday 27th February
- University of Southern Queensland Toowoomba
TROHPIQ is run by a group of passionate medical, nursing and allied health students. To get an idea of what we’re all about, check out the video below!
Click on the following photos to access some of our most popular links: