NRSHN has many things on the go- you can be part of it!
- Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education
- 2 5th NSW Rural and Remote Allied Health Conference
- Rural and Remote Mental Health Conference
- TROHPIQ is going to Townsville!
1. Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education
- The fourth biennial LIME Connection will be held in Christchurch, Aotearoa/ New Zealand from 29 November – 1 December 2011, including a pre-connection caucus. This conference doesn’t fall under the CoNS funding but get in contact with the NRHSN reps and we will point you in the right direction!
To ensure the participation of Indigenous medical students in LIME Connection IV, we will be offering 20 Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Māori medical students. The bursaries are primarily funded through the contributions of Australian and New Zealand medical schools and will cover the costs of flights, accommodation and conference registration. Bursary applications are now open; please visit the Bursaries page on the NRHSN website for more information. Applications close on 17 June 2011.
2. 2 5th NSW Rural and Remote Allied Health Conference
The 5th NSW Rural and Remote Allied Health Conference is on at Port Maquarie Wed 9th to Friday 11th November 2011. They want student abstracts for the conference ( see attached flyer). Abstracts can be submitted online at http://www.hotelnetwork.com.au/conferences/conferences/ruralhealth2011 and the closing date is 27th June 2011. While this conference is not on the CoNS list, there may be discounted student registration – watch this space!
The Puggy Hunter Scholarship open to Indigenous students in all (undergraduate) health disciplines. Its good to know about for RHSVs and festivals because its aimed at potential health students. Info at http://www.rcna.org.au/scholarships/puggy_hunter
Third rural & remote mental health symposium
4. Rural and Remote Mental Health Conference ’Impacts & Outcomes’, 14th – 16th November 2011, Mercure Hotel, Ballarat, Victoria. rural and remote mental health, or get your own abstract in – the 3rd Rural and Remote Mental Health Symposium Call for Abstracts is open till the 2nd of May 2011. Please be sure to submit your work via the Symposium website http://www.anzmh.asn.au/rrmh11 Registrations will be opening shortly – visit the website for details. For further information please contact: Laura Hancock, Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
5. TROHPIQ is going to Townsville!
June 1-2, Some lucky TROHPIQ students will be heading to beautiful Townsville for the VIBE Indigenous festival! Want in? Contact Erinn at firstname.lastname@example.org for details!