The biggest event of the Nursing and Allied Health Calendar – SWAHN : Skills Weekend for Allied Health and Nursing students is having a make over.
SWAHN has been upgraded to BRAHN (Bush Retreat for Allied Health and Nursing students)
This year on May the 10th and 11th will see the inaugural inter-disciplinary bush retreat weekend take place at Camp Edmund in Laidley. Jam-packed with challenging activities, team-building exercises, and case-based team puzzles, this weekend is all about getting to your fellow TROHPIQ members in the SHRS, becoming familiar with health careers in a rural setting, and having loads of fun!
Even though I’m sure your bursting to sign up already, here are a few more things you can expect;
• Amazing food. Seriously.
• Case-based team challenges adapted from the health fusion team challenge model
(and remember, we are sending teams straight to the HFTC finals in Tasmania later in
• An orienteering course and race (or you can opt for ‘extra study time’)
• ‘Rustic’ camp accommodation, complete with a ‘bring your own pillow’ policy.
• Themed dinner and games night with costume/game-based awarding of prizes
• ‘Friendly’ competition in the team challenges
• Information and advice on tailoring your course to make the most of what
TROHPIQ offers (i.e. how do I get a scholarship to study in Cairns/Mt.
• Forging friendships with fantastic people (all the more likely considering the sparse phone reception where we are going)
• Many memories and much more!
This camp is open to all UQ/QUT allied health and nursing students, and to register you will need to sign up to TROHPIQ (https://trohpiq.org/join-now/), but once you have done that you are signed up for life (which is comforting). Cost for members is set at only $60 for all of your food, accommodation, fun and transport. For any questions please email NAHO@trohpiq.org