APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25th MAY
This is an opportunity in 2016 to spend more time in a rural location by undertaking back to back attachments involving the Year 3 Medicine in Society Stream A Rural Medicine and General Practice rotations. You will be living in a vibrant rural community for the two rotations – you will become part of it. You will be able to follow your patients through their primary and secondary care with enhanced clinical responsibility and work with all aspects of the health system. Rural doctors with medical education experience will be available to support you. Assessment will be as per discipline requirements of GP and rural medicine rotations.
The rural locations available in 2016 include: Baralaba, Barcaldine, Beaudesert, Blackbutt, Boonah, Clermont, Kilcoy, Montville, Moura, Murgon/Cherbourg, Roma, St George, Texas, Theodore, Windamere, Wondai.
The application process involves the provision of a detailed statement (maximum one page) addressing the following points:
- Any previous experience living/working in a rural/remote area
- Whether you have membership and active involvement with TROHPIQ
- Any attendance/presentations at events or conferences of rural significance
- If you have undertaken electives in other years of the MBBS program in a rural/remote area
- If you are a current rural scholarshop holder eg. MRBSS, RAMUS, John Flynn
- What you can contribute and what you hope to gain from undertaking extended rural placement
- Any other information which would demonstrate an interest, in and commitment to, health in rural/remote communities
Students wanting to participate in the program will need to be of good academic standing and have a keen interest in rural and primary care.
To assist students, the following support services are available:
- Accommodation is provided for all students during at their placement location.
- A Placement Allowance for both rotations to defray the costs involved in travelling to and living at a placement site. Students are responsible for organising their own travel arrangements.
- IT resources and support to facilitate the learning experience.
Further student information and an application form.
Closing date for applications 25th May 2015.
General Enquiries Email: email@example.com