The Rural High School Visit program is an initiative by the NRHSN, and is proudly supported by TROHPIQ. The program was developed in order to encourage students in rural areas to study a health discipline at a tertiary level. Click here to find out more.
Aims of the RHSV Program:
- Inspire rural students to pursue health careers.
- Increase your knowledge of rural community health.
- Gain skills in working in a rural community.
- Gain further connections with rural health workers and communities.
- Gain positive rural experiences.
TROHPIQ runs an annual trip to visit a number of schools in rural communities. This event is always one of the highlights of the year.
In 2019, TROHPIQ will be conducting their Rural High School Visit tour in Darling Downs South-West region of Queensland visiting schools in Warwick, Goondiwindi, Chinchilla and Toowoomba. In addition, we will have a free day to immerse ourselves in the wonders of rural QLD with activities in Bunya Mountains and Dalby planned. On this trip we will be running a health careers session to provide information to high school students (ranging from year 7 – 12) on the variety of health careers and the pathways available.
Rural High School Visits 2017