2020 TREES applications timeline
Applications open: July 6th
Applications deadline: July 20th
Interviews held: Week of July 20th
Offers of placement: August 13th
Deadline for acceptance: August 21st
Second round offers (if applicable) will take place after this date
Placement dates: Monday, November 23rd until December 4th.
What does a TREE Scholar receive?
- Rural Placement Package
- The UQ Rural Clinical School will arrange a location, preceptor and accommodation
- For many sites, accommodation is provided without cost to the student
- A Pre-Elective Workshop
- Students are briefed on what to expect on their rural electives and are given the opportunity to perfect their procedural skills
- A limited number of bursaries are available.
- Support from the TROHPIQ TREES organisers in any logistical or support concerns available
- Contact the Vice President or Scholarships/Bursaries Officer
If there is a particular rural / regional location you wish to complete your placement, please note this on your application and we will endeavor to accommodate your request.
Where Can I Go?
Placement locations for 2020 include:
- St George
All applications are processed by the TROHPIQ TREES organisers and the TROHPIQ Executive. Applicants are then selected for an informal interview based upon:
How are TREEs Applicants Selected?
- Interest in rural and remote health (past, present and future)
- Previous involvement with TROHPIQ / rural communities
Priority is given to domestic students; however International / Oschner students are encouraged to apply.
You must be a TROHPIQ member to apply.
The short-listed applicants will then attend a 10 minutes interview, conducted by the TROHPIQ President, Vice President and Scholarships/Bursaries Officer.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
• Attend the chosen rural placement for 2 weeks beginning 23rd November 2020
• Submit a report on elective experience by 22nd December 2020
1. A written report, maximum 500 words with photos
2. A short video (max 5 minutes)
For more information please contact email@example.com