2018 TREES applications timeline
Applications Open – May 1st
Applications Close – June 29th
Interviews for TREES applicants – July 14th
Offers sent to TREES scholar recipients – July 21st
Last date for students to accept offers – July 28th
TREES Pre-elective workshop – November 18th
What does a TREE Scholar receive?
- Rural Placement Package
- The UQ Rural Clinical School will arrange a location, preceptor and accommodation
- For many sites, accommodation is provided without cost to the student
- A Pre-Elective Workshop
- Students are briefed on what to expect on their rural electives and are given the opportunity to perfect their procedural skills
- $500 bursaries
- A limited number of bursaries are available. If applicable, $300 awarded at the start of the elective and the remaining $200 upon submission of their report.
- Support from the TROHPIQ TREES organisers in any logistical or support concerns available
- Contact the Vice President or Scholarships/Bursaries Officer
If there is a particular rural / regional location you wish to complete your placement, please note this on your application and we will endeavour to accommodate your request.
Where Can I Go?
Placement locations include:
|Beaudesert||Beaudesert Family Practice|
|Blackbutt||Blackbutt Medical Centre|
|Dysart||Dysart Medical Centre|
|Emerald||Priority Health Group|
|Kilcoy||Kilcoy Medical Practice|
|Kingaroy||Kingaroy General Hospital|
|Miles||Miles Medical Centre|
|St George||St George Medical Centre|
|Tamborine Mountain||Tamborine Mountain Medical Practice|
|Tara||Tara Medical Centre|
|Wondai||Wondai Medical Centre|
|Wynyard Tasmania||Wynyard Medical Centre|
All applications are processed by the TROHPIQ TREES organisers and the TROHPIQ Executive. Applicants are then selected for an informal interview based upon:
How are TREEs Applicants Selected?
- Interest in rural and remote health (past, present and future)
- Previous involvement with TROHPIQ / rural communities
Priority is given to domestic students; however International / Oschner students are encouraged to apply.
You must be a TROHPIQ member to apply.
The short-listed applicants will then attend a 10 minutes interview, conducted by the TROHPIQ President, Vice President and Scholarships/Bursaries Officer.
- A written report, maximum 500 words with photos
- A short video (max 5 minutes)
Please read through the TREES Contract before applying.
For more information, attend the TROHPIQ welcome evening, which will be held early in 2018.