2019 TREES applications timeline
Applications open: April 29th CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Applications deadline: June 17th
Successful applicants notified by: June 23rd
Interviews held: July 6
Offers of bursaries: July 12
Deadline for acceptance: July 19
Second round offers (if applicable) will take place after this date
Pre-Workshop: November 11th
Placement dates: Monday, November 18th until Friday, December 13th.
What does a TREE Scholar receive?
- Rural Placement Package
- The UQ Rural Clinical School will arrange a location, preceptor and accommodation
- For many sites, accommodation is provided without cost to the student
- A Pre-Elective Workshop
- Students are briefed on what to expect on their rural electives and are given the opportunity to perfect their procedural skills
- $400 & $200 bursaries
- A limited number of bursaries are available.
- Support from the TROHPIQ TREES organisers in any logistical or support concerns available
- Contact the Vice President or Scholarships/Bursaries Officer
If there is a particular rural / regional location you wish to complete your placement, please note this on your application and we will endeavour to accommodate your request.
Where Can I Go?
Placement locations for 2019 include:
- St George
All applications are processed by the TROHPIQ TREES organisers and the TROHPIQ Executive. Applicants are then selected for an informal interview based upon:
How are TREEs Applicants Selected?
- Interest in rural and remote health (past, present and future)
- Previous involvement with TROHPIQ / rural communities
Priority is given to domestic students; however International / Oschner students are encouraged to apply.
You must be a TROHPIQ member to apply.
The short-listed applicants will then attend a 10 minutes interview, conducted by the TROHPIQ President, Vice President and Scholarships/Bursaries Officer.
- A written report, maximum 500 words with photos
- A short video (max 5 minutes)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org